Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Paquette's Camp Update March 19, 2013

With spring starting in a few days it certainly does not feel like it here, the snow just doesn't seem to stop, we got about 12 inches last week and about 4 inches on the ground this morning and still snowing. The temps have stayed on the cool side as well with the temp at -26 yesterday morning.
Guess I will be ice fishing for a while yet. at this time last year the ice was not safe to go on and I was fishing out of a boat on March 31st.Of course last year was the earliest spring on record, normal ice out is early May.

Everyone here is looking forward to spring and getting the camp opened back up. I have a few projects that I need to get done as well as the normal opening procedures. At the present I am still working at the local ski hill and it looks like it will remain open until Easter ,I think at that time they will close it snow or not. The kids are not tired of skiing yet but all of the volenteers that keep the place open are getting tired. I know I am.

Thanks to all the people that keep in contact throughout the winter it certainly helps the winters (especially the long ones like this one)  go by better.

THINK SPRING

No comments:

Post a Comment